Pages

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Hunter, Brandt, and Zoe....



Its unfortunate but some people are of the opinion that the Canadian Open is boring in comparison to The British Open.  My first remark to this is at least our golf courses are green!!...enough said book closed.  This Canadian Open was anything short of boring from a leader being called 30 minutes before his tee time in the final group to be told his wife is in labour and then flying home to Texas to a great three stroke win by Brandt Snedeker it was a great weekend in the world of golf.

Special note that Hunter Mahan had a beautiful baby girl named Zoe Olivia Mahan born at 3:26 am.  I would say this baby came as a bundle of joy since she was two weeks early and is healthy but also a constant reminder of what if?

Hunter Mahan, had to pull out of the the Canadian Open in Oakville, Ont., on Saturday shortly before he was scheduled to tee off, due to his wife going into labour.

So proud of the way Brandt grind-ed it out on the golf course this weekend. I hope that Hunter withdrawing from the tournament doesn’t cloud a shadow on Brandt’s victory but the media does a fabulous job of playing one against the other.

Snedeker was quoted: “"This is a tournament I said early on in my career I wanted to win just because my caddie is actually from Canada and it's his national open. It meant a lot to him, meant a lot to me," Third oldest tournament on Tour and it's got some great history to it, and now to put my name on that trophy, it means a lot."

Brandt Snedeker holds the championship trophy after winning the RBC Canadian Open at Glen Abby Golf Club on July 28, 2013 in Oakville, Ontario.

On a side note: Chris Conners from Listowel Ont who has played numerous times at Goderich Sunset Golf Club played very well in his appearance as an amateur and I want him to know the Staff at GSGC are very proud of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment