Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Welcome to my blog...

Hello Everyone,

The creation of this blog came to me at the N.G.C.O.A (National Golf Course Owner’s Assossiation) Conference at Deerhurst Resort in Muskoka.  I was sitting through a seminar on social media and of course we were being informed of how powerful Facebook and Twitter to our Golf Courses.  Blogs were brought up briefly basically long enough to show us how they work. 

I want to take this blog to the next level instead of focusing solely on the media of the professional golf world like so many other blogs available. I want to focus on: Beginner Golfers, Turf Management, Fitness/ Health, Player Profiles of both Pros and members at the Goderich Sunset Golf Club and Fashion Sense.   This blog will be a safe place for new golfers to come and learn about the game of golf in hopes that you one day fell comfortable enough to come out to the course.  It is also for those familiar with the sport by focusing on the health benefits, fill you in on all things turf related and keep you up to date on all the up and coming golf professionals making their way up the leader board at P.G.A events.

Having said that I should probably tell you a little bit about me.  My name is Ashley Gravett and I have been working in the Golf Industry for 11 years.   I started in the back shop at Saugeen Golf Club in Port Elgin, Ontario.  A year later my family purchased the Goderich Sunset Golf Club and I became a full time Pro Shop attendee over night.  This was a lot different than my daily jobs from the previous summer.  Over the years I graduated from back shop to Pro Shop and with that came Halfway House, tournaments, junior clinics, and waitressing.  Now 10 years later I’m a part of everything Sunset whether that is running leagues, food and beverage, lessons, junior golf, tournaments, Pro Shop and more.

I want to make this blog as interactive as I can so if you have any topics you want me to do a post on please e-mail me at a.grav88@gmail.com and I will do my best to get back to you.

I want to take this time to thank everyone who has helped me with idea's to get this blog up and running.  A lot of the beginner posts come from ladies who haven’t taken up the game of golf and their reasoning.  I have taken their questions and concerns and made posts specifically addressing each of their reasons.  I only hope that this blog will help you see that there is more to golf then just hitting a white ball around a beautiful setting.

-Ashley

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice of you to come up with an idea like this, Ashley! This blog can serve as an open door for beginners. After all, golf is not just a game; it is a form of exercise that can keep your body in shape. It can benefit the body by allowing it to sweat and receive Vitamin D through the sunlight. But more importantly, it helps strengthen a person’s social skills by spending time and competing with one another.

    Sofia Karg

    ReplyDelete