What every golfer needs: Garmin GPS Golf Watch
Here’s the problem: There are so many different devises out there that the decision comes down to what you are looking for in a GPS Golf Watch. Information below is from the Garmin website. I chose to feature 3 in great detail that any level of golfer would benefit from having. Their new Approach S6 is strictly for low handicappers.
Approach® S6 ** NEWEST WATCH**
Our slimmest, lightest GPS golf watch with first-of-its-kind swing metrics built in.
S6 is a feature-packed hi-res color touchscreen GPS golf watch with innovative swing features, such as SwingTempo, TempoTraining and SwingStrength™. Full CourseView maps with 38,000 preloaded international courses with Green View for manual pin positioning, Touch Targeting, and PinPointer blind shot assistance provide better situational awareness during the game.
Approach S2: Perfect Balance of Information and Simplicity
- Up to 38,000 international courses
- Yardage to the front, back and middle of green
- Layup and dogleg distances
- Digital scorecard
- Colorful watch and band options
Approach S2 is a stylish and comfortable GPS golf watch with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver giving precise yardage to the front, back and middle of greens. The S2 has the ability to measure shot distances and a course odometer. It's similar to our popular Approach S1 model, but the S2 takes it up a notch with layup and dogleg distances and a digital scorecard.
Courses with Free Course Updates
Approach S2 is preloaded with up to 38,000 courses from around the world. Whether you’re on a course near home, a course at a holiday resort or the Old Course at St. Andrews, the S2 knows where you are and how far you have to go.
Every Approach S2 includes free lifetime course updates, without additional subscriptions. Updates are added up to 4 times a year and are available through CourseView Updater.
Lock In and Measure Yardages
The high-sensitivity GPS receiver gives you yardage to the front, middle and back of the green, plus layup and dogleg distances to improve usability over the entire hole.
It also measures precise yardages for shots played from anywhere on the course. And for those who like to walk, there’s an odometer to track how far you've gone.
Approach S2 easily keeps track of your score throughout your round. When you’re done, use the included USB cable to connect S2 to your computer to download, store and print your scorecards. Then, chart your progress, or brag to your friends.
Approach S2 is flexible, lightweight and comfortable enough for everyday wear. It's rugged, durable and water resistant (to 10 m). A variety of colorful bands are available to customize the look. With automatic time and date, an alarm and rechargeable lithium-ion battery, you’ll never miss a tee time.
Approach S3: Instant, Simple and Precise
- Touchscreen GPS golf watch with sunlight readable, high-resolution display
- Battery lasts up to 8 hours in GPS mode; 4 weeks in watch mode
- Comes with up to 38,000 international courses with no subscriptions or fees
- Precise distance to the front, back and middle of greens plus layups and doglegs
- Green View provides the true shape and layout of the greenRugged and waterproof, the Approach S3 golf watch comes with up to 38,000 international courses. It displays yardages to the front, back and middle of greens on a high-resolution, glove-friendly touchscreen. It lets you manually position pins, get distances to doglegs and layups, customize yardage points, and print digital scorecards for Stroke Play and Stableford.Touch and Move the PinGreen View shows you the true shape and layout of the green. Use the touchscreen to manually move the pin to the day’s location. This is especially helpful on par 3s where you’ll be able to dial in the distance you need and fire away with confidence.Preloaded Courses and Free UpdatesThe S3 may be the size of a typical sports watch, but it comes with up to 38,000 courses from around the world — without extra fees or paid subscriptions. Plus, you'll be able to download free course updates whenever they become available.Customize DistancesS3 gives you distances to the front, back and center of the green, as well as distances to doglegs. It also allows you to input and save customizable yardage points — such as water hazards or bunkers — from anywhere on the course.Keep Score and See How FarS3 has digital scorecard options for individual players. Scoring options include Stroke Play and Stableford, and you can save, review and print scorecards from your computer. Plus, when you hit a big one you can see how far it went with the Measure Shot feature.An Everyday Watch with StyleThe S3 functions as an everyday watch, with an odometer to see how far you walk. A round timer also is included to keep track of how long it takes you to play 18 holes. It's available in 2 sharp color combinations — white with red trim and black with gray trim.Approach S5: Full Color Touchscreen Golf GPS Watch with Course View
- Touchscreen, high-resolution, glove-friendly
- Full-color CourseView maps with green view and manual pin positioning
- Smart Notifications allow you to receive emails, texts and other alerts from your iPhone® or iPad®
- Precise distances for more than 38,000 international courses; no subscriptions or fees
- Tournament legal under PGA rules (may vary based on tournament)The slim, lightweight Approach S5 GPS touchscreen golf watch features color CourseView maps and green view with manual pin positioning plus precise distances to the front, back and middle of the green so you can preview and adjust positioning from wherever you are on more than 38,000 international courses. It’s even PGA tournament legal.Course View Full Color MapsS5 features full-color course views for more than 38,000 international courses you are playing, and a dedicated CourseView button to get you to the 2nd shot view quickly. Get hole-by-hole details before you play them. Preview doglegs, traps and water hazards, green shapes, and pin positioning from wherever you are on the course or clubhouse.Touch and Move the PinGreen view shows you the true shape and layout of the green even if you are behind it. Use the color touchscreen to manually drag-and-drop the pin to the day’s location. As you move the pin, your distance-to-the-pin numbers will change respectively. This is especially helpful on par 3’s where you’ll be able to dial in the distance you need to fire away with confidence.Instant, Simple and PreciseRugged and water rated to 50 meters, the Approach S5 displays yardages to the front, back and middle of greens on a high-resolution, glove-friendly color touchscreen. And, it lets you manually position pins, get distances to doglegs and layups, customize yardage points (mark traps and hazards) and print digital scorecards for Stroke play and Stableford.Smart NotificationsNever miss another text, email or alert just because your smartphone is deep in your bag. Smart Notifications let you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch. S5 receives the wireless signal from a compatible iPhone or Android™ smartphone¹ and let’s you know you have a message, displaying the text on its own screen whenever you’re ready to read it.
- Longer Life BatteryS5 features more battery life for longer play or more rounds. Easily get in a weekend of GPS golf with up to 10 hours in full GPS and up to 14 weeks, depending on mode, before the lithium-ion battery needs to be recharged.Preloaded Courses and Free UpdatesThe S5 may be one of our lightest, thinnest golf watches, but we've preloaded it with more than 38,000 international courses — without extra fees or paid subscriptions. In addition, you'll be able to download free course updates whenever they become available.Customize DistancesS5 gives you distances to the front, back and center of the green, as well as distances to doglegs. It also allows you to input and save customizable yardage points — such as water hazards or bunkers — from anywhere on the course.Keep Handicaps, Scores and Measure ShotsS5 has handicap scoring options for individual holes, player’s local handicap or index/slope method. Scoring options include Stroke play and Stableford, and you can save, review, share and print scorecards from your computer. Plus, when you hit a big one you can see how far it went with the Measure Shot feature.Garmin Connect™ GolfGarmin Connect is the online golf community that lets you play, then share and compare. Download your round and contrast it to your last round, track improvements to your handicap for every course you play. Garmin Connect Golf can even assemble your ideal round combining your best score for each hole to get your ideal 18 for that course.An Everyday Watch With StyleBy the way, the S5 even tells you the time. S5 features an odometer to see how far you walk. A round timer also is included to keep track of how long it takes you to play 18 holes.