With hardly any time until the 2013 Masters the anticipation is growing this snow that I’m currently looking at is not helping us get out on our courses any quicker.
Its remarkable how one year the weather can be 23+ degrees and the next we are covered in snow with the opening of the golf season being prolonged.
Today’s post is simply a stats of what has happen previously at the Masters.. ..
· Past 5 winners were averaging over 290 yards during the season.
· With the fastest greens on tour, putting is a must at Augusta
· The par four 1st was the hardest hole last year.
· The average attempts before a first win is 6.
· Youngest champion – Tiger Woods (21)
· Oldest champions – Jack Nicklaus (46)
· In the 75-year history of the Masters, only three men have ever won back-to-back titles: Jack Nicklaus—’65 and ’66, Nick Faldo—’89 and ’90, Tiger Woods—’01 and ’02.
· Most Eagles, One Tournament, Individual:
o 4, Bruce Crampton, 1974; first round, No. 13 third and fourth round, No. 15; fourth round, No. 3
o 4, Dustin Johnson, 2009; second round, Nos. 8 and 13, fourth round, Nos. 13 and 14
o 4, Tiger Woods, 2010; first round, Nos. 8 and 15, fourth round, Nos. 7 and 15
o Most Birdies in Career at Masters Jack Nicklaus with 506.
o Birdies to Win Masters, Final Putt Arnold Palmer, 1960 (birdied Nos. 17 and 18), Sandy Lyle, 1988, Mark O'Meara, 1998 (birdied Nos. 17 and 18), Phil Mickelson, 2004
On a side note its official: TIGER WOODS AND LINDSAY VONN ARE DATING....personally I don’t care about Tiger Woods personal life however I think its clever they came out on the same day to their individual Facebook pages and posted a photo of themselves which limits any money reporters can make off any photos taken after this because they aren’t hiding their relationship anymore.