Pages

Thursday 26 September 2013

Up And Coming.....



Today’s post is going to be a feature on Jordan Spieth.  Jordan has had a fantastic year on the PGA tour and I think he could have the potential to be the next best thing in the next few years.  The twenty year old had 1 PGA win, 2 -2nd place finishes, 3 – 3rd place finishes 9 top 25 finishes and only missed 18 cuts.  His money total is $3,879,820 currently.  The best news for him?  His season isn’t over with he is now concentrating on the Presidents Cup.

Up for rookie of the year title and to me I feel like he has it in the bag.  He has proven time and time again that he has what it takes he’s a grinder and he wants it so bad.  I have enjoyed watching him grow over the 2013 season and I’m very impressed with what I have seen.

Kyle Porter was quoted saying: “Except that I watched it with my own eyes and I watched the 19-year-old rookie with zero PGA Tour status transform himself into a 20-year-old superstar who led the PGA Tour in top 10 finishes  and swiped a spot on the Presidents Cup squad from Jim Furyk.”

Gary Player even tweeted: “Jordan Spieth. The real deal.  Impressive young gun!”  When you get a tweet from a legend like that you know you have made it.  

His finish at the Fedex Cup was the highest finish by a rookie in the short history of the FedEx Cup:

Jordan Spieth (2013) -- 7th
Keegan Bradley (2011) -- 20th
Marc Leishman (2009) -- 20th
Brandt Snedeker (2007) -- 20th
Andres Romero (2008) -- 28th
John Huh (2012) -- 29th

With a 67.8% fairway hit statistic and 66.98% greens in regulation Jordan should been on all of our watch list come the Presidents Cup.  Good Luck Jordan!!!









 
 
 












No comments:

Post a Comment